This is your invitation to be an 'alpha tester' of the LocalActivist.org social media website. Please consider the needs and the commitment it will require.
- Their will be very few people (up to 20) participating in the alpha test, so you cannot expect to see any data from your real city or community.
- You may not invite others to participate in the alpha testing process.
- Errors, problems or issues must be reported on the Feedback form. The button is on the right side of every screen.
- You may not share your login information with anyone else. The system is 100% proprietary at this point.
- We would like you to create Groups, Events, Blog entries and general Activity posts.
- Make friends and accept friendships with any of the other alpha testers.
- The software is currently hosted on a temporary server and thus normal system email updates will not be delivered.
Prior to your involvement as an alpha tester, it is necessary to sign and return a simple Non-Disclosure Agreement (to be delivered to you) that will protect us during the testing period. Upon receipt, CFFS will sign a copy and return it to you in electronic form. Until this Agreement is received by CFFS, you have no obligation merely by indicating your interest below.
When you create your account
Choose your Location as Mesa, Arizona so that the proximity search features can be tested. Yes, we are pretending.
Evaluate the quality of the social media platform and ensure Beta test readiness. Alpha testing focuses on finding bugs, and answers the questions: Does the product work? Are there any show-stopping problems?
The testing period will last at least 14 days. Depending on the type and nature of issues discovered, the testing period could be longer.
What comes next?
A wider beta test will be conducted that involves more general users. The beta test period will last up to 30 days, depending on problems found. Beta users will be selected based on having pre-existing groups that can be quickly added to the site. When beta-testing begins, you will be welcome to continue as a beta-tester, but you under no obligation to do so.